Friday, November 6, 2009

Holidazed & Confused

It arrived stuffed between two innocent pages of the latest issue of People magazine, wedged snuggly between Kate and that guy. The bright red envelope should have been a clue, as it tumbled out announcing itself. "Here I am. Your very first Christmas card."
Wait, what?
I mean, I know I've been a little tired lately...but had I slept right through November? No offense to the over-enthusiastic sender. I'm a huge fan of organization and a solid pro-active attitude. Why put off till tomorrow what you can do waaaaaay too early? I promise I won't rant and rave over how time is careening away and about my pet peeve of doing anything to help it move along any faster. And no, I won't waste a single second expounding the virtues of living in the present moment, especially since I've yet to master that particular skill. However, I'm still munching on Halloween leftovers (all the good stuff is long gone). Can't I just have one minute to breathe before the turkey and trimmings? Am I allowed to digest my Mounds bar, put away the plastic pumpkin flowerpots, and dust, maybe read a book?
I suppose it's inevitable. Every year the holidays come sooner than they did the year before. I think it might be a side effect of that whole global warming thing. Either way, now I am merrily mindful that the season is only a postage stamp away.
Fa la la la la.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete