Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Skyline To Remember


As a New Yorker, born and raised, I saw it so many times. That gorgeous skyline, especially pretty at night, all lit up and shining with hometown pride. If only for today I want to pretend none of the madness ever happened. I want to make believe monsters only exist in Stephen King novels. I want to forget we have enemies who hate us simply because we aren't them.
As a New Yorker who watched a horror unfold, too close for comfort, I want to offer a kind word to those people whose lives were forever altered by monsters and madmen, by hatred and plots far more sinister than any story ever written.
Twelve years ago I lost a skyline. So many here lost a hell of a lot more.
We will go on. We will be stronger for the pain. But we will never forget.
God Bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment