Saturday, March 31, 2012

Loving Angels - Being Sure of You

When I was little, my mom used to say that she had eyes in the back of her head. It kept me from doing rotten-kid things behind her back that she would somehow find out about anyway, eyes or not. As a mother myself I understand more about that expression now. It wasn't meant merely to keep us in line. It was more of a wish. Moms want to know, we need to know that our babies are safe and sound, especially when they are out of our sights. We just like to be sure. We want our children to go and experience the great big world. And by all means, conquer! But we're well aware. We watch the news. Read the headlines. It's a scary place, this world we live in. Yet we have to set our kids free. Hope for the best. Pray. Ask the powers that be to lend a hand, or a set of eyes when our offspring are just too far for us to pretend we can keep them from harm's way. I think that's what angels do. They are the overseers. Mother's little heavenly helpers.
This post is dedicated to all those moms, all those angels and all those invisible eyes. They recently kept someone very dear to me from suffering a tragic fate.

On behalf of mothers everywhere, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment