Monday, May 14, 2012

The Ghostest with The Mostest

She's surely not a ghost. In fact she's as alive as she can be. But something strange happens when she purses her lips -the spirits come calling. And she answers. Big time.If you don't know her by now...well then you might want to peek out from under that rock. TLC's Theresa Caputo, also known as The Long Island Medium, has hit the airwaves with such a splash I'm literally still mopping up the floors around here. She's a home-grown hit. A psychic sensation. And it isn't much of a stretch to say that we're practically neighbors - as she hails from Hicksville, NY and this little ole' blogger lives just two shakes from there.

I recently had the pleasure of spending an afternoon at a local event where Ms. Caputo was appearing. In her lovely, lively manner she filled two hours reuniting families with their dearly departed. I make no bones about the fact that I'm a believer. The nay-sayers can nay all they want to. I've experienced this gift first-hand and I know. It's like air. You can't see it, but you know it exists. It's about faith. About trusting that there's more to this life than just what we can touch and taste, smell and hear. To witness Ms. Caputo in action is really a thing of beauty. She bridges the deep emotional divide left behind when our loved ones are called home. And as if that isn't enough - she's funny as hell. As a writer, I'm always on the lookout for a fresh source of inspiration. Watching these stories of love that has been lost and found again if only for a moment, brings that and more. It's refreshing entertainment with a side order of Kleenex. I'm "hooked."
Uh...pardon the pun ;)


PS - Here is a photo of the handsome and kind, Mr. Larry Caputo, with my mother, who has now decided that tattoos are very sexy...

1 comment:

  1. lucky! I want meet her too and maybe she can tellnme stuff...

    ReplyDelete